Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Creating a bibliography using the Zotero Word or OpenOffice plug-in
- If you have downloaded Zotero to work with Chrome or Safari or Firefox, you have also automatically downloaded the Word plug-in. If you do need to install it, in Zotero navigate to Edit > Preferences > Cite >Word Processors and choose "Install Microsoft Word Add-On."
- Restart Word or Open Office, and the Zotero toolbar should appear:
The buttons, from left to right, do the following:
- Add/Edit citation (for in-text citations)
- Add/Edit Bibliography (base on inserted in-tex citations)
- Document Preferences
- Unlink Citations (don't do this unless you're absolutely sure you don't need to make any more changes to your document!)