Steps to Finding Articles
- Try a search in Omni, to see if it provides what you need. If the results aren't focused enough, go to step 2.
- Select an appropriate index from a Research Guide or the Database List in Omni.
- Search the index using effective keyword search strategies. Try several different searches.
- Examine the citations provided by the index, to determine which ones are useful.
- Check for access to the article online from the citation, using a direct link or Get It! Trent.
- If the article is not available online, search Omni for the journal ("Journal Search") or the article.
- You might also find references to articles in the bibliographies of other articles or textbooks. Then use Omn to find the journal or article.