Welcome MSW Students!
As a University of Windsor student, you are considered a "Community User" at Trent and you can request an External Borrower card at the Library Service Desk. There is no personal cost to you for this - just bring in your Windsor ID and answer a few simple questions.
Community Users (External Borrowers) are provided with some limited services.
- You may sign out regular books on our shelves for 14 days, and renew them online up to 3 times.
- Certain Social Work books are only available for 3 hour loans with no renewals. See the list below.
- There are fines of $5 /hour on these books, because they're in high demand - be sure to return them on time.
- "Holds" on signed-out material are not available.
- Media (e.g. DVDs) are not available.
- Interlibrary Loans are not offered through Trent.
- Consult the University of Windsor for information about ILL requests.
Access to Online Resources
- On campus, you have access through your UW Eduroam login to the wifi. Ask at the Library if you have trouble logging in to Eduroam.
- Off-campus, you have access to online resources at the University of Windsor, using your UW account.
- There's no off-campus access to Trent's resources, because you're not a Trent student.
- Trent's photocopiers and printers are tied to Trent computing accounts, which complicates access for non-Trent students.
- However, the photocopiers allow you to login as a guest and scan documents to be emailed to your or saved to a USB drive - for free. The username/password is posted on the board by the photocopier.
- Guest username: bata
- Guest password: bata
- Only if absolutely necessary, you can ask to use the library's staff photocopy card and pay after photocopying is completed (by cash, debit, or credit).
- Keep Copyright restrictions in mind; it's illegal to systematically copy most of a book over a period of time.
- You may use the computers in the library with a guest login. Ask the library staff for help with this.
In order to connect to the wifi on campus, please connect to Eduroam with your Windsor email and password. If this does not work for you, come to the library and either a staff member or an IT person will be able to troubleshoot your device.