- If you have downloaded Zotero to work with Chrome or Safari or Firefox, you have also automatically downloaded the Word plug-in. If you do need to install it, in Zotero navigate to Edit > Preferences > Cite >Word Processors and choose "Install Microsoft Word Add-On."
- Restart Word or Open Office, and the Zotero toolbar should appear:
The buttons, from left to right, do the following:
- Add/Edit citation (for in-text citations)
- Add/Edit Bibliography (base on inserted in-tex citations)
- Document Preferences
- Unlink Citations (don't do this unless you're absolutely sure you don't need to make any more changes to your document!)